Designated drivers make everyone’s world run a little more smoothly. Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on those who mean the most in our lives, and often the unsung heroes are left without their own reward for keeping us safe on the roads. This year, we hope anyone who has been given the designated driver job knows just how much they’re appreciated. You’re DUI heroes and you save lives each time you drive your friends, family and loved ones home when they’ve been drinking.
- You keep our holiday cheer bright and alive, not to mention those we love alive, too.
- You set the best example of friendship for our youth to follow.
- You decrease the odds of a drunk driving conviction, ignition interlock installation or DMV consequences.
- You allow law enforcement, emergency medical professionals, and firefighters the chance to be with their own families during the holiday season.
- You also allow those same first responders the resources for other emergency situations.
- When you drive an intoxicated person home, you’re delivering the greatest gift each holiday season (and anytime throughout the year).
We know that there are choices to make, even while celebrating the best of times with friends and family. The biggest choice we can all make is to be safe when drinking and to find a ride home when we’ve had too much to drink. Our DUI heroes make that a lot easier, giving us peace of mind at the end of the night that we’ll be back in our beds, safely, without having to gamble on our ability to drive.
Need a quick gift for family and friends? MADD has downloadable Designated Drivers coupons for free! Be your own DUI hero this year!
Happy Thanksgiving to all our DUI heroes and designated drivers – we’re filled with gratitude for each and every person who steps up and takes action against drunk drivers this holiday season!