Whether it was an honest mistake, or you thought you were “bullet proof,” you somehow ended up with a DUI in Florida… and a car breathalyzer or ignition interlock requirement. Understandably, you are not looking forward to the next few weeks or months with your interlock, so, we have a few ideas to help you get through the requirement, and come out a safer driver on the other side.
- When you first get your Florida ignition interlock, you should be comfortable with how to use the device and what is expected of you. You get the “hum” and that you have to attend service appointments… and you’re just ready to get out on the road and DO this interlock thing.
- Relax and settle in for the long haul. You don’t have to love your interlock to make sure you are always compliant when using it. Just think of it as one more step in your commute.
- If you are trying to be discreet, you can opt for a cover for your ignition interlock that will keep nosy drivers at bay.
- Turn up the music to turn down your frustration. Eventually, the ignition interlock device won’t bother you. Until then, play your favorite tunes and be sure to blow the right BAC when prompted!
- Know that the device is not going to be there forever, unless that’s what you choose for your future.
A Florida ignition interlock is not the end of the world, but it is a chance to get your life back on track after a DUI conviction. Passing the time gets easier with each breath sample you submit, and you can be sure that once you are near the end of your commitment with the court or DMV, you will definitely be “bullet proof” – because you won’t make the same mistake again.